To add the SQL Server 2005 tools or SSIS to an existing instance of SQL Server 2005, follow these steps:
1. In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs.
2. Under Currently installed programs, select Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and then click Change.
3. On the Component Selection page, click To install a new component, click here.
4. Type the location of the Setup.exe file on the SQL Server 2005 installation media, and then click OK.
Note You must include the Setup.exe file name.
5. On the End User License Agreement page, read the license agreement, and then click to select the check box to accept the license terms and conditions. When you accept the license agreement, the Next button is available. To continue, click Next. To end Setup, click Cancel.
6. On the Installing Prerequisites page, the Setup program installs software that is required for SQL Server 2005. For more information about component requirements, click the Help button. Click Next.
7. On the Welcome page, click Next.
8. On the System Configuration Check (SCC) page, the destination computer is scanned for conditions that may block the Setup program. For more information about configuration check items, click Help. After the SCC scan is completed, click Next.
9. On the Registration Information page, click Next. A product key is not required to add components to an existing instance of SQL Server 2005.
10. On the Components to Install page, click to select Workstation components, Books Online and Development Tools to install the tools. Click to select Integration Services to install SSIS. Click Next.
11. On the Error and Usage Reporting page, optionally click to clear the check box to disable error reporting. For more information about error reporting functionality, click Help. Click Next.
12. On the Ready to Install page, click Install.
13. On the Setup Progress page, you can monitor installation progress as the setup process occurs. To view the log file for a component during installation, click the product or status name on the Installation Progress page. After the Setup program finishes configuring SQL Server components, click Next.
14. On the Completing the Microsoft SQL Server Setup page, click Finish.
15. If you are prompted to restart the computer, restart the computer. You must read the message from the Setup program when installation has finished.